Elephant Themed Baby Shower


 My brother Dan and his wife, Jen are having a baby boy!  My family and Jen's family threw a shower for them on Saturday together.  Since the baby will be a boy, the shower had a grey and navy blue elephant theme.   This is the color scheme that my new nephew's new nursery will be.



The invitation was purchased on Etsy and printed on photo paper.




This is my beautiful sister in law and her baby bump.




We had a table for the cake.  The cake was designed with the same graphic that was on the invitation.    We decorated the table with the stuffed elephant (Hobby Lobby), one of the centerpieces and a framed elephant print (Dollar Tree.)



This little insert was included with the invitation.  The baby received a huge assortment of books!



We also held a diaper raffle.  We asked every guest to bring a package of diapers.  If they did they received an entry in the raffle.  We drew a ticket and the winner received a prize.  Since I am a Thirty-One consultant all of the prizes were awesome Thirty-One products!






They got a ton of diapers!  They won't last as long as they think they will.  Those two have no ideas how many diaper changes they are in for!  :)



We also had a "Guess the Number of Peanuts" contest.  I decorated the baby bottle with the same paper elephant that is seen throughout the shower decor.  You can also see the mini hear t and elephant cut outs that I purchased on Etsy that I spread throughout the tables.




I made these centerpieces for the shower.   I bought the tin buckets from AC Moore and the peanuts on sale in giant bags at ShopRite.    I purchased grey paper elephants on Etsy and embellished them with the navy blue ears and eyes.  I purchased Navy blue chvron paper, grey and navy solid paper at Hobby Lobby.  I bought inexpensive  grey and blue ribbon at AC Moore and glued white buttons on top.   I mounted the whole thing on a wooden dowel and stuck it into the bucket of peanuts. I surrounded the centerpiece with mini paper elephants and hearts that I purchased on Etsy.   It took awhile to make ten of these but I love how they turned out.




Of course every shower needs a favor for the guests to leave with.  These cookies were adorable and delicious.   Jen's family purchased these and they matched everything perfectly!



I can't wait to meet my new little nephew and take pictures of him in his new elephant nursery!  I also can't wait to find out what his name is going to be!



Need more baby shower ideas?  

Check out my Pinterest board filled with Elephant Themed Baby Shower Ideas



Check out my Baby Shower Ideas Pinterest Board.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome job!!!!!! Your sister in law looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute shower Amy, you guys did a great job! The diaper raffle is pure genius, as is the "book instead of a card" idea! The hard work was well worth the effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable baby shower! I love all the sweet details.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS