As a mom of three kids one of the most common questions that I get asked is, "How do you get the kids to go to bed so early and sleep through the night in their own cribs? I can answer that in one word:
What does that mean? It means that the kids know what to expect when it is bed time.
Here is our night time routine:
6:00pm- Daddy gets home from
work and we have dinner as a family
7:00pm- We head upstairs to start the bed time routine:
1. Both babies take a bath together.
2. We brush their teeth.
3. We put on their pajamas.
4. They go into their cribs.
5. Dad, big sister Sydney or I sit in between their cribs and read them two stories.
6. We help them say their prayers.
7. Night lights get turned on.
7:45pm- We walk out of their room
Of course the time frame can vary but we are usually out of their room by 8:00pm at the latest.
Questions You May Be Asking:
1. Don't they cry when you leave the room?
2. Do you ever go back in during the night?
3. Don't the two babies wake each other up?
4. When do they wake up in the morning?
I will answer all of these questions in my next post: Make Bed Time a Breeze Part 2. Check back next week!