Ella's Elmo Party


 My Sweet daughter Ella Grace turned 2 this weekend.  It is hard to believe that she is already two.  If you missed her miraculous birth story, you can read it here.

We had a small family party for Ella.  Since Ella loves Elmo right now, the party had an Elmo theme. 

My friend Eileen made Ella the most adorable Elmo birthday cake.




The filling of the cake was red velvet and it was delicious.






I made goody bags for Ella's siblings and cousins.  I bought red lunch sacks at the dollar store and filled it with a small toy.  I cut out  circles from white card stock and used a black Sharpie to color the eyes.  I cut an oval from orange card stock for the nose. This was inexpensive and super easy to make






My students made this banner for Ella.  I made one flag as a sample and two of my students stayed after school one day to help and make the rest of the flags.  One of my friends and fellow teachers cut out the letters for the banner.  It was a real team effort.  I think it turned out great!




Ella's Nana bought Elmo balloons to add the finishing touch to the Elmo theme.  Ella loves balloons!



Ella wore her #2 shirt that was lovingly made by her Aunt Becky




With a little help from Daddy, Ella was able to open her own presents this year.





Ella loved opening presents this year.  You can tell by the look on her face that she really understood what was going on.





 Then it was time to sing happy birthday...
Ella did not enjoy the birthday singing.




She calmed down pretty quickly.




She was feeling better and trying to sneak a lick at the cake.


It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed celebrating the blessing that is Ella Grace. We thank the Lord for the gift that he has given us!



1 comment:

  1. Who doesn't like Elmo? Seriously he is just so lovely! Your party bags are so cute and simple, I love the idea. Thanks for sharing your family party, it can get a bit much for little ones can't it. I remember my daughters 2nd birthday (she's 19 now!) the cutest thing was how surprised she was the next morning when all her presents were still here, I think she thought they were just for her birthday day! Bless, those were the days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS