So Much Talent...

I wrote about my sister Becky in this previous blog post.  What I didn't mention was that my sister is very talented.  I am not just saying that because she is my sister.  She has amazing sewing skills.  I don't even know how to sew on a button and she made her own wedding gown!

She makes dresses in a style that is a lost art.  It is called smocking.  I don't know the first thing about it.  If you are as clueless as I am about it, you can read about smocking here. She made this gorgeous dress for Ella to wear on her First Birthday.




My sister also made matching dresses for Ella and her best friend Emily.  She also embroidered matching First Birthday T-shirts for the girls.







When the package arrived today with all of these goodies from my sister, I couldn't contain my excitement!   i thought she was just sending the birthday dress but she surprised me with the matching dresses for the girls and all of these other dresses too...

She bought this simple dress from Target
and then embellished and monogrammed
 it by hand.


She sewed both of these summer dresses.
 I love the fabrics that she chooses.

I hope that Ella will cherish these dresses and save them for her own daughters one day!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS