One Year Cancer Free!

 
I know that there is much debate in the medical community about when a person is considered "cancer free."  Many doctors won't say cancer free until the five year mark.  Some doctors won't ever say it, they will just say "No Evidence of Disease."  
 
One year ago today, I had all of my cancer surgically removed from my body. I followed up with radiation just to make sure that it was all removed.   So I consider myself to be one year cancer free!  It has been an emotional day for me.  I didn't realize how many emotions I had right under the surface.  I am so grateful to be here with my family.  I am especially thankful today that the Lord has blessed me with good health this past year.
 
I know that if the cancer returns, it is most likely to happen in the next 4 years.  I am vigilant when it comes to getting my check ups and mammograms.  If it does return again, I am prepared for the fight!

"For we do not know what tomorrow will bring.  What is your life?  For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes."
James 4:14

9 comments:

  1. To God be the Glory! Your outlook is so positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is good, and His mercy endures forever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope that it continues to stay away so you can enjoy time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 1 year! That's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! What a wonderful feeling! I just reached my 2-year cancer (melanoma) free date this past February. Rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great milestone! Glad I came across your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!
    Visiting from Dysfunction Junction party. =) New follower. Would love the follow back and
    I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight.
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say when you win a battle like that you can call it anything you want. Congrats from a Lady in Vegas.
    Http://www.atmycounter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on one year cancer free. I will be one year post surgery in Auguest and one year off treatment in November! Such an amazing milestone. I am your newest follower
    www.mommysrambles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS