Scalloped Spring Banner


If you have been following my blog, you know that I have become obsessed with banners.  I loved having Christmas stockings hanging in my front entryway. 

 When January rolled around and the stockings came down, my banister looked bare and empty.  I decided that I would make a banner to hang there for each holiday or season. I made a St. Patrick's Day Banner, a First Birthday Banner and an Easter Bunny Banner.


Since Easter is over, it is time for a new banner.  I know that in May I want to hang a patriotic banner but for the month of April, I needed something.  I decided on a Spring banner.

I searched Pinterest for banner ideas to inspire me.  There were so many wonderful projects but nothing seemed just right.  These were some of the cute ones that I saw:



I decided again to design my own banner.  I made the banner in just a few easy steps:

Step One
 I gathered coordinating paper.  I chose the Basic Grey Lily Kate line.  I chose 6 different patterns and 3 coordinating solids.  The Lily Kate line came with pre punched letters that match the paper.  I used them to spell out SPRING.


Step 2
I cut out the scalloped pattern.  I found the template on Pinterest and printed it out in two different sizes so that I could create a layered look.


Step 3
 I traced the larger template onto the patterned paper and the smaller template onto the solid paper.  I punched out the letters that I needed to spell SPRING.


Step 4
 I layered the patterned paper, the solid paper and the letters.

Step 5
I strung the letters and hung them on the banister in the front entryway.  I think that this project was a success.  

Now I need to start my Pinterest search for a Patriotic banner for May!

This post is linked up at these link parties.


15 comments:

  1. 1. Love the new design, it's perfect
    2. Love the banner
    3. Even your pictures look great, did you use the Nikon? I thought that your pictures were from Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I would love to be more 'crafty' but for now I'll live vicariously through your posts! ;) Thanks for linking this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there, here from the hop! I just liked your facebook page :o) You can find mine here:

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cropped-Stories/615495055132216?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy - I'm glad I stopped in! I love banners and bunting and everything like that. I am planning something for Hubby's upcoming birthday, and this was a great post to get me motivated!

    Tara
    www.suburble.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely the beautiful banner and bunting blog! I am waiting for an outdoor version for my fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love having a banner for different seasons. Thanks for sharing.

    I’d love for you to check out our Pattern Party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up! We also have a great giveaway for Free Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I have ventured over from Linkin’ With My Ladies. I am co-hosting this month and I just wanted to thank you for participating! Love your blog! XOXO, Mandi @ All My Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!! I also seem to have a banner up for each and every occasion and right now have scallop cut paint chips in Spring colours! Yours looks great :-) Thanks for sharing!

    Hannah ♫
    Sew Lah Tea Dough

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute banner. Bless your heart for cutting those scalloped circles by hand. A die-cut machine would do wonders, it sure would save your hand from making those cuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so gorgeous-I love it! Your patience paid off.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is GORGEOUS! I'm not crafty in the least but even I might possibly be able to handle that!! Thanks so much for linking it up at WalkingRedeemed.org last Thursday! I'm delighted to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your banner looks awesome! Thanks for linking up at Family Fun Friday.
    Sincerely,
    Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS