She's Getting So Big!

 My daughter, Sydney, is turning 8 years old in two weeks.  She is getting so big!  She is very independent, a typical first born child!  She likes to learn how to do some of the things that I do as a mom.  She wants to do everything by herself.  

I have an allergy that prevents us from having traditional Playdoh  in the house.  So I make the play doh myself in my kitchen.  I wrote about it in this blog post.




 Sydney wanted to try to make the playdoh all by herself.  She did really well with it.  She read the recipe and followed the directions.  I set the ingredients up on the counter for her and she was able to measure everything herself.



I turned the stove on for her and she stirred the playdoh herself.  I no longer need to remind her that the stove is hot.  She is responsible and carefulAs you can see in the picture, she was very proud of herself! I love that she wants to do things herself and be a big girl. 

 
I am also glad that she is not so big yet that still wants to play with the playdoh after she has made it
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love making homemade playdough. It is so soft and you can easily make a lot! So much better than buying those expensive little tubs at the store. Plus my boys have a hay day picked out their colors :) Thanks so much for linking up with me @ Great Idea Thursday's! Krista @ http://ahandfulofeverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS