20 Years Ago?!?1?


It has come to my attention that 2013 is the year of my 20th year reunion from high school.   I graduated from Timothy Christian School in 1993.  That seems like yesterday, how is it possible that it has been 20 years?



June 1993
My Senior graduation, my brother Dan's 8th grade graduation


 The realization that it has actually been 20 years has set in.  It has got me thinking, am I where I thought I would be? 

Senior portrait- 1993

In the yearbook, I wrote that my career goal was to become a successful doctor.  What?!?!  A doctor?!?!  Seriously?!?  Well that didn't pan out- I ended up a teacher turned into a stay at home mom.  I don't think anyone that actually knows me now would think that I would ever become a doctor.

Want to hear something even crazier?  In the Senior Class Superlatives I was voted Most Likely to Succeed.  Ha!  I fooled them!   Truth be told, there were only 33 kids in my graduating class, so it is not as impressive as it sounds.


What is with my angry face?


Now I am off to lose another 20 pounds before the reunion. Back then, I was a 115 pounds soaking wet!  Now I am..... you didn't really think I would tell you, did you?  Let's just say I am a "few" pounds more than 115!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post. I showed my son who is in 7th grade and always worried about the "cool kids" and afraid he won't be anything. Life throws you curve balls it is what you do with it. I planned on being a single, paralegal and never planned on getting married. Well that SO DIDN'T happen. Matt planned on being a Marine for life guy...then he figured out he didn't like being told what to do. We can't worry about what everyone else will be...since $5 says they won't be what they plan or dream about. As kids we think such crazy things don't we.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS