Baby It's Cold...Inside


Maybe it is a little too cold in our house.  Lucas has sought refuge under the playroom carpet from the icy temps.  

As most of you already know, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2012.  Part of my treatment was to have my ovaries out since it was Estrogen receptor positive cancer.  For those of you, like me, without the M.D. behind your name, that means that estrogen is the fuel to my cancer's fire.  Hence, the removal of my estrogen pumping ovaries.

That all sounds well and good until you realize what estrogen does to help you.  One of the functions of estrogen is that it  keeps your body temperature normal.  So basically without it you end up with hot flashes so bad that they may be the cause of global warming.  So if there is no snow this winter, you can thank me!

As a result of feeling like I am walking around in a sauna, I keep the thermostat low.  I am thinking it may be too low since Lucas is hiding under rugs, Ella has frost on her nose and Aaron sleeps with a hat, scarf and gloves!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS