Book List 2013- #3

Book List Update


I am keeping track of the books I read in 2013.  You can read about the first two books in this blog post.

3. 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess 
By: Jen Hatmaker





This is the description of 7 from Jen Hatmaker's Blog : 
7 is the true story of how Jen (along with her husband and her children to varying degrees) took seven months, identified seven areas of excess, and made seven simple choices to fight back against the modern-day diseases of greed, materialism, and overindulgence. In the spirit of a fast, they pursued a deeply reduced life in order to find a greatly increased God. Click HERE for more info on 7. 

I heard about this book from an ad in a devotional magazine that I read from Lifeway Publishing.  It piqued my interest.  I often think that my life is too excessive, that the "stuff" takes over our lives.  I know that I devote too much of my time to the things that were discussed in this book.  If you decide to read this book, be ready to feel guilty.  The author is brutally honest and you will see yourself in her.  She is hilarious in her "tell it like is" approach to writing.

I recommend this book to anyone that has a heart for others.  It will remind you that no matter how poor you think you are that there are others out there that are jealous of what you have.  

If you are ready to make a change in your excessive lifestyle: read this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS