Thriving in a small space



Our family lives in a small space.  It is a two story townhouse with about 1,000 square feet of space.  It is 
2 bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room and 
2 1/2 baths.  Sounds spacious, right?  Did I mention we have 5 people living here?

I am so grateful that we own this home- I am not complaining.  With a place this size, there are challenges.  Aaron and I have done what we can to thrive in this small space.  We plan on being here for at least 4-5 more years so we need to find ways to make living here enjoyable.

So here is one way that we have made this place seem larger and have made the space work for us:







Aaron got this TV cabinet on Craig's List and we transformed it into a scrapbooking armoire.  It stores all of my scrapbooking supplies and everything is organized.  Now I am able to work on my scrapbooks without having to hunt for my things in three different closets.  Before the armoire I had shoved my supplies into any spare space that I could find.  I had things spread our into almost every room.  With the doors closed you can't see all of the clutter.  It is a neat and clean look.  Most of the furniture in the living room is darker wood so eventually we will stain the wood a darker color.
















1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled upon your "Envy" post, which brought me to this post. I hear ya--we are a family of 5, and a dog, and our house is 825 square feet. Boy are there days I struggle with envy! Day by day I am learning that this is where God wants me, and I'm trying to see all the blessings. Thanks for your post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS