Lunchbox Love


Those of you that are my "in real life" friends know that I am not an overly affectionate person.  I am not a big hugger.  It is just not the way I show affection.  It doesn't mean that I don't love or appreciate people.

A lot of who we are as adults stems from what we experienced in childhood.  I have wonderful parents and I had a great childhood.  My parents are not overly affectionate either.  I never once doubted that they loved me growing up, but they are not big huggers either.

That being said, I am trying to be more affectionate with my kids and find a happy medium between the hugger and nonhuggers out there.  One way that I show my affection for my oldest daughter, Sydney, is to leave her notes in her lunchbox.  She really gets a kick out of it.  We haven't reached the stage yet where it embarrasses her.  (I know, that I only have a few more years until she is repulsed by me for about 8-10 years, but she will be back around 22-23 years old.)


I am going to share the link for some of my favorite lunchbox notes.  This is a free printable.  



You can print these valentine lunchbox notes here


They are perfect to use for the month of February or make your child feel special and use them anytime!




1 comment:

  1. when nicole was much younger, i used to leave her notes on her paper lunch bags. i used to write upside down..and all around the perimeter of the bag...she loved it... at least, i think she did lol!!! i come from a family that doesnt hug either. as you know, im def not a hugger either!! i do believe there are lots of ways to show someone you care besides hugging!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS